We want to assure our patrons that we are taking prudent steps to ensure we keep our facilities safe and our members and guests healthy during the Covod-19 pandemic. With the careful guidance and advice of the CDC and local officials, discreet steps are being taken to prevent illness and prepare for an appropriate response if further spread of COVID-19 impacts our Club.
We need your help!
Governor Phil Scott announced today that golfing may commence, May 7th. We are thrilled to offer member-only play beginning tomorrow at 9am at Stowe County Club. Our Director of Agronomy Kevin Komer and his team have the golf course in wonderful shape and we cannot wait to have you back.
Opening our golf operations does include numerous new policies. It is of utmost importance that ALL policies are closely followed. A few critical items to note before deciding to play.
First, we will only take advance tee times. No walk-up play will be permitted. Staff will be present at 7:30am to book your advance tee time. Please call 802-760-4653.
Second, please ensure everyone in your group is an active 2020 member of The Club at Spruce Peak or Stowe Country Club before calling to book your time. Accompanied guests are permitted, but must be billed to the host member account.
Third, per Vermont regulations, no clubhouse facilities will be open, except our upper level restrooms. The Golf Shop is scheduled to open on May 18th with four patrons allowed at a time.
Finally, staff will have limited availability and we will employ strict health and social distancing guidelines at all times and be monitoring the property continuously to ensure member are compliant as well.
Please carefully review the following operational policies:
Stowe Country Club’s Phase One
PARK, PLAY, LEAVE & PACK IN, PACK OUT
- Everyone in your group must have been confirmed as sheltering in place in Vermont for 14 days before booking your tee time
- Please stay in your car until 15 minutes before your tee time and head directly to the upper clubhouse putting green and be prepared to play on time
- Do not attempt to remove or touch the flagsticks. Pool noodles will be installed in the cups for ball retrieval. We recommend completely finishing the hole once you have started putting to help with pace of play and to make social distancing easier. Be generous with gimmies!
- No practice areas will be open other than the clubhouse putting green and can only be used 10 minutes prior to your actual tee time
- The Golf Shop is scheduled to open Monday, May 18th
- Main level restrooms are available
- On-course restrooms will not be available
- Locker rooms and the lower level of the clubhouse will be closed
- No course amenities will be available such as scorecards, pencils, tees, ball markers, etc. We recommend downloading the USGA GHIN app to keep your hole-by hole score; it makes posting extremely easy!
- Food & beverage Take-Out orders are avilable. No outside alcoholic beverages will be permitted and will be removed
- All bunker rakes, ball washers, water coolers and trash cans will be removed from the course indefinitely
- Please use a ‘Pack In – Pack Out’ mentality. If you brought it with you, make sure you take it with you including trash
- Following your round, immediately head to your car. Absolutely no tailgating